Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Gift from over yonder.....

Behold..... (drumroll, marching band and yada yada)

The Clapotis





Did I make this? NOOOO! It was a GIFT from Donni!

Donni finished this beauty a couple of weeks ago and had said she thought it to be too big. Well, I've always wanted a clapotis - but the pattern kind of scares me. Yeah, I'm not really fearless. Anyhoo - I thought I'd ask her if she would sell me hers if she didnt want it. Especially if it was too big - I'm a big girl and a big clapotis.... would be just fine.

She refused money. Refused. And this came in the mail on Monday. Breathtakingly beautiful. And although no pics of me wearing it - hubby NEVER home before dark anymore - it fits wonderfully. Will be perfect for the theaters in the park this summer.

Thank you so very much Donni. You know - I'm already scheming here.

7 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Yarngirl said...

It Gawgus, just gawgus!!! What a wonderful gift - wear it in good health!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Christine said...

It looks fantabulous! Great Job Donni and stop scheming oh fearless one.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Heather said...

It is beautiful! What a wonderful gift from a friend :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

What a wonderful gift. It's gorgeous!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Donni said...

Gift schmift! You should be telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth - you forgot to mention that I received a lovely box of Knitpicks Lushness and the One Skein book - so! No more scheming - enjoy - and DON'T send anything back! Or I will have to use my "cranky mummy" voice on you.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger erica said...

What a lucky girl you are! Beautiful! It appears that Donni doesn't think you're scheming, so I won't say anything about that. Enjoy it. I love mine even if it's huge, it's perfect for those days when I can't stand the thought of wearing a jacket.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Ooh that is so pretty. You such a lucky gal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home