Sunday, April 02, 2006

Little bit of this, little bit of that....

Has it really been 4 days since I posted? Funny how doing absolutely nothing can just take up all my spare time.

Well not absolutely nothing.....

I did buy yarn. Because you know, the 4 bags (still unpacked), 2 totes and various containers already full of yarn around the house.... were just not "the" stuff I needed. I'm sure you understand.



6 sk's of Classic Elite Premiere in soft orangeand 3 Kraemer Yarns Tatamy Tweed in pink. I felt rushed on the Kraemer as once I got it home... I thought "too pink". But I'm sure I'll find good use for it. Eventually. This whole bag of yarn cost me..... $30. I had two $15 off coupons! Gotta love a yarn coupon.

I'm going to use the CE to make this tank.



I've been eyeing it since last summer, I think that Lisa lead me to it if I remember correctly. the only thing that worries me about it is the arms - seem low. And bra fat must be hid. But... I'll try it anyway! I'm sure I can always find a home for it somewhere!

Calling out to the gardeners ..... do you know what this plant is?



The previous owners of the house said they planted perenials last year (sooo didnt spell that right) but surely this cannot be a flowering plant? Looks like a massive aloe vera. Hubby thinks it might be a yucca plant. At the rate its growing.... it should be offering shade to the entire house (or block hehe) here in a few days, has tripled in size in the last week!

Ok. I'm off to enjoy this beautiful sunny day. Well.... first I'm gonna check in on you and see what you've been up to.... but then.... :)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

10 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Cute tank! Can't wait to see it being knitted.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

When I looked at it, I thought it was an aloe, too! Does it ooze like an aloe?

Check out the photo on my blog. See if you can identify THAT!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

Oh I LOVE the Classic Elite!! It's going to be fabulous for that tank!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

I like that tank pattern!! Dont you love free patterns from the yarn companies! :-)

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Hey Rox-

I don't know what photo service you use but are you aware that on Bloglines your pics are ENORMOUS and take forever to load? I don't think your service is resizing your pics and your killing us antiquated dial up users :)

Love the Paulina Tank. it will look great in the Classic Elite! If the arms are too revealing you can always add a bit of crochet around the edges to tighten them up! Can't wait to see it!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Yarngirl said...

Kraemer yarns???? Kraemer Yarns??? I live maybe 20 minutes away from the place that makes and also has a handy dandy little yarn shop attached - may I ask where in the world you bough yours? I didn't think you lived anywhere near me (NW New Jersey) so I'm sooooo curious now!!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

How funny is that? Ok, you don't know what I'm talking about, do you. No!

I also wondered where you bought the Tatamy Tweed. I'm about 10 minutes from Kraemer's! LOL!

If you'd rather have another color, I could get it for you!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Annie said...

If that plant gets to about 3 foot tall by the weekend, rip it out, kill it. You don't know how big or what it is...just kiddin. Show more photos when bigger, we may get a better look at it then.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Paula said...

cute tank, love the lines!
your plant looks like an aloe to me. Some varities grow in the midwest in sheltered area's. They die back in the winter and come back full force when the weather gets warmer. I will find the kind you look to have in a bit.
Yucca's Stick around all year if planted in a sheltered area and just trun brownish in cold weather.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger G Sharona said...

It's a succulent of some type.It does look an aloe Vera..and yes they can survive outside..it may die down and if covered with compost or such it will return in the spring.I do see an herb growing around it too..possibly rosemary? more pics as it grows :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home