Monday, April 10, 2006

WIPS

Proof that I've done more this past month than just bitch about the house!

Blue alpaca lace shawl. Crochet pattern. I'm maybe 1/4 of the way thru this. The color is very vibrant and of course I love the alpaca. Made with Knit Picks Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor.




In a very lace mood lately. Which is good as I have a ton of it in stock. This KP Shimmer is wonderful if you've been thinking about trying it. Donna gave me a wonderful book a few weeks ago - and I think its also contributing to my passion for lace.

A baby bootie giftie. This is a cashmere yarn that I've had for a while, just waiting for a perfect home. Soft, lush and the socks could not be more adorable.



I've also (STILL) been working on SET socks for the gal that didnt get hers. Not sure why I am having so much grief with this but - just can't seem to make it work for me. Gauge is off. Its too thick. Too thin. The heel looks wonky. Yada yada. Socks. Hmph!

So.... see.... there has been yarn passing thru these fingers recently. :)

5 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

I used that yarn for my Peacock Feathers shawl, and just loved it. It's soft. It's warm. It's beautiful. I just wish there were more colors that I LIKED! Lace-weight yarn should be subtly-colored, not boldly, and this is one of the only ones I think meets the bill, and yet . . . sooooo lovely! Your shawl looks just great.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Snooze said...

My Sockapaloooza socks=16 tries before one stuck. In fact, I was done all the way to the toe of the very first incarnation when I thought to try it on...I had gauge and everything. So why didn't it fit? It was about a girl's size 11...ouch.

The lace is gorgeous!

Hugs...

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Cece said...

I love love LOVE the shawl.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Just lovely!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Ooh that yarn on the shawl is so pretty!

I feel the same way about Survivor this season. Cirie is my absolute fave this time. It has just been sorta blah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home